The principles that guide matters of the heart remain unaltered; like, you cannot force someone to love you, and love doesn't hurt. Someone can either love you or they do not, there is no sitting on the wall with love, no watermelon moments.
Below is a love-gauge, and easy way to find out whether you really are in love, or you just in love with the idea of being in love. Two totally different feelings; one is bliss, the latter is delusion.
1. You are the only one who initiates and makes all the calls, or suggests sleep-overs, gerrit, they are not that into you. That they pick your calls, they are only being polite, that they let you go to their place when you suggest means you satisfy their lust, not their love.
2. Has it been three years of dating and you do not know half their friends, family and they have never suggested 'going permanent'? Some news for you, they will not, move on.
3. Do they talk to you down in front of their friends, treat you like a near stranger and only let you join them and their friends on night outs under duress? This is gonna sting; they are not that proud of you and they have told their friends as much.
4. Do they seem to have something to do on public holidays and most weekends? How convenient, no? Easy to explain this; they are cheating on you and likes others better.
5. Do they keep comparing you with others or even worse, discuss other person's good attributes in your presence? They are wishing they were with that other person, not you.
6. Do they refuse to pick your calls most of the time, especially outside work hours? Their phone is usually on silent as they spend quality time with the one they really love.
7. Still on calls, do they often assume this extremely businesslike attitude and quickly dismiss you, promising to call you back? Refer to the explanation of the former.
8. Are they often taking off to see their mother but never offer to go with you? Well, they know that potential mates want to be on their mother's good books...they will impose her name whenever they want to shut you up.
9. Does your gut feeling nag at you that there is something off with your relationship? Well, trust your strong instincts, your intuition is designed to smell foul play and if the sixth-sense signal keeps flicking red whenever you think of your partner, trust your gut feeling. Do not, however, go all pyscho on them, just engage your sleuth gear and if there is something to find out, you will soon do because, things cannot remain hidden for long.
Have a lovesome time. Thank me later!