6 must-read leadership stories of the week
Leadership lessons from a Navy SEAL commander, how to become a learning machine, and other top leadership stories from the past seven days.
1. Leadership lessons from America's first entrepreneur . A new book, based upon reams of historic, unpublished documents, highlight the extent of George Washington's entrepreneurial focus.
2. 4 leadership lessons from Leicester City's unlikely Premiership success . There are a number of leadership lessons to take away from Leicester’s success in the English Premier League.
3. 3 ways to become a learning machine . Don't be too specialist, do learn from failure and keep on learning, even when you're 102.
4. Great leaders aren’t born – they’re made. And Africa is showing us how . "Good leaders don't fall from the sky," writes Fred Swaniker. His innovative model of education is helping develop Africa’s next generation of leaders.
5. A retired Navy SEAL commander’s 12 rules for being an effective leader . Leadership requires finding the equilibrium in the dichotomy of many seemingly contradictory qualities between one extreme and another.
6. Sleep on it? What science tells us about making decisions . New research examines the link between decision-making and sleep.
SOURCE: World Economic Forum